How do the authorities approach the issue?
Compared to the private sector, the public sector faces its unique challenges concerning cybersecurity. It is the responsibility of the authorities to ensure accountability and transparency, keep state and personal secrets secure, and prevent security breaches. The new market study by Forbes Insight in cooperation with VMware and SVA GmbH provides an insight into the specific requirements.
Technological problematic areas
From a technological rather than an operational point of view, the responses of public sector survey participants differ significantly from those of other industries. In an area with a more conservative approach to security issues, it seems no surprise that location-independent remote access and alternative ownership models (Bring your own device) stand out as challenges. Among other things, this contributes to delaying tangible decisions for longer than is advisable. It also explained why approximately 50 percent of the respondents cited “outdated products/solutions” as a problem.
The need for greater democratic accountability, transparency and protection of citizens’ data
The fact is that existing conventional security approaches are outdated and cannot be easily applied to the present-day full of networks. This study has identified several important approaches that can help governments and the public sector in general to achieve their goals.
Request more information about this study free of charge
SVA Software, Inc.
provides solutions to secure, monitor, improve and troubleshoot the data and performance of your IT infrastructure, get in contact with us for more information.
- General IT infrastructure automated monitoring: check out more about BVQ which provides transparency on the status and communication of your entire infrastructure from the compute to the Storage and SAN layers. (link)
- Mainframe performance optimization: visit our Mainframe Service platform that provides solutions from reporting up to automated dynamic capping and maintenance. (link)
- Ensuring data quality of your tape library: visit our Tape Audit Tool solution which provides automated auditing on the quality of your backup data and ensure the data can be read when needed. (link)
- Disaster Recovery: visit our IDR solution which provides a stand-alone application that makes it easy to be Disaster Ready. (link)
- VMware License Management: visit our GetVMware solution which helps you manage and decrease the licensing cost of your VMware infrastructure using different dashboards and tables in Splunk. (link)