Users can obtain an understanding of their enterprise activity through detailed analysis of their activity with SMF and RMF data. Important facets include the understanding of:
- Overall consumption of resources
- Response times
- Other performance analysis factors, including performance indices.
Additionally, management must be able to understand the financial implications of any growth, and changes, as they decide which pricing model to select. The decision to use sub-capacity pricing models, with Defined or Group Capacity tracking, versus adopting Tailored Fit Pricing options, can best be made with a deep analysis of your data.
Therefore and above all, workload characterization and reporting options should be developed to determine the impact of changes to critical lines of business processing.
There are different reporting tools in the market but it is important to take into account the following checklist when choosing one of them:
- Infrastructure requirements: Use of a private cloud can make everything faster and easier to use vs having an internal DB as there are maintenance and other issues that can arise.
- Ease of implementation and use: Friendly user interfaces including help features, can make a big difference when performing daily analysis and understanding reports.
- Reliable and current data availability: Data collection should be automatic and stress-free.
- Accessibility: Client vs web-based solutions. The cloud provides great access from any device. This is a feature that gives you a freedom to access it, securely, from any location.
- Support & Services: Vendor support availability for questions and possible enhancements in a short time frame.
zWR – zWorkload Reporter, from SVA Software, Inc., will address many of your concerns in performance issues, capacity analysis, hardware analysis, and allows you to easily access graphic displays of your environment, with our services in a secured cloud environment. you can request a trial and learn how this cloud solution simplifies your decision-making process based on performance data.
With a small subset of your SMF/RMF (70-74, 30, and 113 records), over 600 graphs and tabular reports are available for you when using zWorkload Reporter services, on our secured servers, and your performance community can access them via your web browser using any device.
You can even quantify your MSU consumption and find cost reduction opportunities with SVA Software services, without the need to have to create and maintain a database. get in contact with us to learn more about our performance optimization solutions for your Mainframe systems.